Agile software development is easy in a single co-located team. (Well, maybe easy is an exaggeration…). But what happens if you’re trying to do something that is bigger than 7-9 people can accomplish? How do you scale to multiple teams working on the same project with the same (or related) goals?
This was one of the discussions at Lean Agile Edinburgh’s monthly Meetup this week. One very close to home for me – we have a team split half in Edinburgh, half in Argentina working on Windows software. We work with another team in Edinburgh working on Linux and Android drivers, a team in Newbury working on embedded DSP firmware, a team split across Edinburgh and Newbury working on silicon chips, and teams in Edinburgh and Newbury working on development boards. All working towards the same product with different development cadences. And we’re trying to work out how to synchronise better.
No answers yet, but Martin Burns had some thoughts. He’s giving a 2-day training course next month on SAFe – the Scaled Agile Framework.
In his words:
On the 12th and 13th of December we will run a two day SAFe training course, led by SAFe Program Consultant Martin Burns and following the Scaled Agile Academy ‘Leading SAFe’ curriculum.
In this course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework, and its underlying principles of lean thinking, and product development ﬂow. You will also be eligible and prepared to take the Scaled Agile Academy “SAFe Agilist” certification exam.
You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture, and Scaling Leadership.
To book your place go to our EventBrite page.
Course fee includes:
- 2 days of learning via instruction and experiential activities
- Lunch & refreshments
- All course materials
- All applicable certification fees
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development ﬂow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts.
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources.
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context.
Are you frustrated by people “doing Agile” without really understanding it? Do you want your team to be more engaged and collaborative? Do you want to expand your influence and coach your colleagues in how to REALLY be Lean? If so, the Influential Agile Leader event is for you. Edinburgh, 22nd-23rd May 2014 / Toronto 8th-9th April 2014. 33% Super-early-bird discount until 31st December, plus extra £100 off with discount code ASC_IAL_2014 .